Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grammy visit

Lil'Man's Grammy came to visit for a couple of days. He is to the age where it is hard to get him to sit still....well he has always been like that but now he is smart enough to know that what he is doing is not right. We could not get him to pose for anything.
So we did what we could...we took a photo of just the two of us. And it turned out great!
Then I did what I have seen others before me do. I let the two of them interact and I just followed them snapping shots. I took as many as I could knowing that I would eventually end up with one or two usable ones. Well, what do you know, I was right. I got two really good shots of my son with his GREAT-grammy. These are memories that we can treasure for years to come.
My Grammy is a great woman. I used to spend my summers with her. We would go to church, eat, hang out around the house, go boating..skiiing...tubing (cause she lived on a lake), play with the neighbor kids, play all sorts of board and card games, and my favorite above all else....we went to plays/productions/theater. I saw several different plays with my grammy. My favorite being Lil'Abner. She helped to give me some culture that I would otherwise not had. When I went to college, we would occassionally meet on the weekends in a town called Crockett and go to a lunch. I miss all the days that I spent with her. I miss the way her house smells and feels.
I am trying to plan a trip there close, if not over, the fourth of july weekend. I am finishing up summer school that week....so it will be a tight fit for planning....but I want my son to have experiences there like I had. I want him to have photos to look back on to remember all the wonderful times he will have at his Grammy's at the Lake.
I love you Grammy!

No comments: