Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Holiday thoughts

Christmas is almost here.....but what about Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is good food, family, and fun. The worst part about Christmas is the commericalization of gift giving. People get so caught up in who got what gifts and how much someone spent. The gifts should come from the heart and you should give when you feel moved to do so. I don't need someone to tell me when to give a loved one a present. I feel like it takes away from the true meaning of Christmas. The children of today know that Christmas means Santa Clause and presents. Jesus who???? Our children don't know why we truly celebrate this holiday. I would much rather spend Christmas with family and friends, hanging out and enjoying each others company. I don't want to feel like I have to buy a gift for someone and I certainly don't want someone to feel like they have to get me something. I will do my very best to make sure that my lil'man understands the importance of family time and celebrates the true meaning of the day that we call Christmas. In Christ we have everlasting life!


Happy Holidays to all my friends and family. May you be wrapped in the loving arms of my Lord and savior. Forget the stress and drama and just be thankful for all you have been giving, because we are not worthy of anything we have received.

No comments: